Lovely Little Reads: Rosie Revere, Engineer

What can I say, I love Andrea Beaty's rhythmic rhyming text! I genuinely enjoy reading Rosie Revere, Engineer aloud on repeat at bedtime (much more than some of my daughter's other favorites like the cloying Pinkalicious, do not get me started!). Beaty's text makes the reader's voice rise and fall with such vivacious intonation and momentum, it is truly a joyful read aloud experience. 

Not to mention the message! Failure is okay? Normal? You mean, everyone makes mistakes? Everyone?! And then gets up and keeps going? Amen! 

I can only hope that Andrea Beaty will go on to create books for all of the colorful characters in Miss Lila Greer's class (as she has done with Iggy Peck, Architect and Ada Twist, Scientist) and deliver to us more whimsical, upbeat stories about the kid superpowers of curiosity, creativity, and discovery. 


P.S. Go check out my other recommendations on my instagram page!

image/amazon

No comments