Living the Fit Bit Life

Do you have a Fit Bit?  I never really considered purchasing one until I read this article by David Sedaris in the New Yorker.  For him, the daily step count became a huge motivator, encouraging him to walk instead of drive, and take the long detour instead of the shortcut just to accrue more steps, essentially competing with himself to earn and acquire more steps each day.  I kind of like this idea...

Do you have a Fit Bit?  Do you use it consistently?  What do you think of it?

image/newspanel

4 comments

heather{land} said...

I have one! We got them cheap through work, so decided "why not?" I am a total addict now. It syncs with My Fitness Pal for calorie and other tracking. It has definitely motivated me to get back on the wagon for working out. I thought I took a lot more steps in my day than I did, so it is the push I need to take the stairs instead of the elevator, make the extra lap, etc. Plus, it brings out my little bit of competitive side -- I like to see if I can beat my friends in weekly step totals :)

Ashlee Gadd said...

Have it, LOVE it. I wear it every day!

The Three Bite Rule said...

Yes! I have the Fitbit One because I knew I'd need to see the numbers, not dots equaling a percentage. I like it for big workouts and for "something is better than nothing" kind of workouts. I also track my water intake. I like the One because it is clip on and the wrist fitbit wouldn't always be appropriate for my work. I highly recommend!

Teresa said...

I have one and I never used it UNTIL I read that article! Lol. I'm loving it actually, definitely motivates me to get up from my desk and take walks.