These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Pregnancy Edition

Meet the Snoogle, the body pillow of body pillows, this little pillow has become my best friend while pregnant.  Many of you might know that it's recommended that pregnant women stop sleeping on their back at 20 weeks, if not before, because of the additional weight on your spine and primary arteries.  And, since at that point, you can't sleep on your stomach, the option that remains is side sleeping. Now, I've always been a side sleeper, but sleeping on my side while pregnant is a different story.  In addition to backaches, I have often woken up with achy hit joints. Also, despite my best intentions to sleep on my side throughout the night, unless you surround yourself with a border of pillows, it's difficult to ensure that you stay on your side for the duration of a sleep.  

This is where the Snoogle comes in.  I admit, I was very skeptical, even despite rave reviews from friends.  Most because, I've never slept with a body pillow before, nor ever saw the need.  The snoogle is curved to be shaped like a "C" so it wraps underneath your head, and between your legs, and can tuck right underneath your growing bump.  When curled around you, it's quite secure and comfortable!  In my opinion, the best part of this pillow is that it curves, essentially hugging your body to provide consistent back support. You can lean  against it without any fear of rolling onto your back.  It's AMAZING!
My husband even likes it (much to my surprise).  Though it's not exactly romance-inducing being wrapped in a giant pillow all night long, he's borrowed it for a weekend nap or two, and proclaimed it's greatness, commenting that "it's like being spooned all night long."  

Insider tip: I originally purchased just the Snoogle pillow (sans cover), but realized that like an ordinary pillow, there's definitely potential for it to easily get dirty (eye make-up, etc.).  I ended up buying a cover separately.  If you're considering purchasing, I'd recommend buying the  pillow + cover together to save yourself some money.  

image1/teaforjoy
image2.3/amazon

11 comments

henning love said...

im not there yet but will need a pillow like this for sure when i get further along in my pregnancy

birdie to be said...

Im not preggo... but I'm pretty sure I would love this pillow. Looks so comfy!

Gloria said...

I saw that pillow on Kim Kardashian's reality show (so embarrassing), and I was wondering what the heck it was! Looks comfy!

Linn said...

Looks comfy :)

Pinecone Camp said...

Ok, I'm not pregnant, but I would love this!

Alexa said...

Ooh that looks very cozy. Kind of wish I had one when I was pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm not pregnant (only 17) but you make it sound so good I'm deffo getting one ��

Grace said...

Which type of pregnancy pillow is better: C-type or U-type?

Veronica said...

Looks comfy. Is it really?

boy25875 said...

Do you need a pregnancy pillow to help you sleep? This is a question that many expectant mothers ask. You may also want to know why people may even want to spend money on maternity pillows. What are their benefits? Learn all about why you may need a pregnancy pillow in this article. http://pregnancypillowfor.me

Anonymous said...

Every pregnant woman understands the need for comfort and constant rest because the truth is having a baby in your belly puts a lot of strain on your body. Each pregnancy is different as it comes with its own unique challenges, cravings, and overall effects on the body for each woman. Regardless of all these, a factor that remains constant are those moments of exhaustion where nothing can stand between you and your bed as all you is a deep, peaceful sleep. best pregnancy pillow