Snapshots of New York City

A little delayed, but better late than never, right...?
My sister Katie and I flew into New York on the red eye, Thursday night, landing at 5:30 AM Friday morning. Morning coffee anyone? After we navigated our way to our friend's East Village abode, we decided to go on a hunt for the perfect brunch spot. Guided by my iphone, we trekked through the lower Eastside and beyond for about 2 hours (no joke). It was like Goldilocks and the perfect brunch. This one's too expensive, this one doesn't have enough stars, and finally (after a lengthy trek and some sore soles) we found one that was just right...Cookshop in Chelsea. Thank God! I've never been so happy to gorge myself on coffee and poached eggs.
After that, we cruised through The Highline, taking photos of the greenery and soaking up the sweet sunshine. After we were refueled by brunch, we hit up the shopping scene in Soho. Unfortunately I ended up empty handed, but we did have fun cruising topshop.
We strolled through neighborhoods, window shopped, and sight-saw some more, and eventually, per Natalie's recommendation, wandered down to Doughnut Plant. While it was quite a walk in the sweltering heat and humidity, the creme brulee doughnut was definitely worth it!

At about 3:00, our adrenaline high from essentially being up all night started to slow, and we headed back to the apartment for a nap, which was dearly needed. Once our friends were off work, we headed out to Yuca Bar for some amazing tapas and white wine sangria. Eventually our night took us to Beauty & Essex, but by that point I was utterly exhausted, so I ended up grabbing a slice of pizza and heading home.

All in all, a great whirlwind stopover in NYC! Next up...snapshots of Rhode Island!

5 comments

Anonymous said...

New York is the greatest! Even a whirlwind trip gives so much energy... Or zaps it :-)

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

Cookshop is one of my favorites! Brunch can be so frustrating for us too. Places are either not open yet, have too long of a wait, or there's not something on the menu for both my husband and me.

I'm so glad you made it to the High Line! It sounds like you packed a lot in.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awwww I've always wanted to go to New York. I love your pictures.

Holly said...

love doing nyc in a whirlwind sometimes! looks like you hit up some sweet spots.

Gloria said...

So glad you have a wonderful time in NYC :-) I just recently discovered the Doughnut Plant - sooo good. Creme brulee donuts sound divine!