Meiji-Jingu Gardens

Tokyo is amazing because in the midst of dense metropolis, there are these patches of lush greenery. For example, round a bend from the Harujuku subway station, and you find yourself in a green wooded area, en route to the Meiji Jinju shrine.
Sake barrels that have been brought to the shrine to be blessed.
Pictures from the Daimyo Gardens.
The Kiyomasa well is a warm springs that gushes to the earth without being pumped. The water is sweet to taste and supposedly has healing powers.

So much to see! And we haven't even gotten to the actual Meiji Jingu shrine yet...

9 comments

Nicole said...

Oh that's beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Japan. That grass looks so tempting to lay on or walk on with bare feet.

the chirpy bird said...

Oh my goodness I just love Tokyo so much!!! Thanks for the beautiful pics! I'm now desperate to return.
xotash

http://www.thechirpyladybird.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh wow...That is beautiful:)...Thank you for sharing those amazing photos with us:)

Kisses,darling

C'est La Vie said...

what an experience! i would love to see these in person

Carissa Thilgen said...

what beautiful scenery! thanks for sharing your travels with us! can't wait to see more!

the southern hostess said...

So beautiful! I love experiencing your trip vicariously.

taryn said...

oh!!! that's so exciting you're there. that's by far my fav place on earth... it's like disneyland. everyone is so sweet and happy.

have so much fun!

Mekkan said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Japan. I wonder how you like the weather these days.

Lili said...

what a beautiful place to visit! The closest I ever came to a place like that was the Japanese Gardens in the San Francisco Botanical Gardens.